Jan 28, 2013

The Simple Things- Our Weekend

via Google+ Inspiration Page
I am so content today and I couldn't figure out why. Now I know. We didn't do a darn thing over the weekend! Well, we functioned- but nothing "exciting" was on the agenda for once. This is very unusual and typically a struggle for myself and for my kiddos to get through these "boring" weekends. I have passed on my "I'm bored" gene to both of them. No bueno.

 This weekend was so simple yet so amazingly freeing. I noticed that the kids actually played together and did not ask me for one single thing that costs money- well except the usual "can we go to Magic Mountain? " request that is 99.9% of the time denied immediately & was denied again ha. I am sorry but that place causes an immediate anxiety attack for me! 

We watched movies, played, talked, ate, watched movies, played, talked, ate, wash and repeat. It was fantastic! I woke up today with a sense of calmness and so rested- and I noticed both kids did too. Made me think about the simple things in life and how I need to appreciate each moment more than I do. I am one of those people that is always thinking ahead, planning something, worrying freaking out about upcoming events/meetings/life in general...and it just isn't necessary. I am vowing to have more of these simple times in my life... not only is it beneficial for me to CHILL OUT once in awhile..but it teaches a crucial lesson to my kids that life is not a freaking party all the time! Boring can be good for the soul. Really really good. 

x,
Hillary

2 comments:

  1. Simple things are the best!! I hate to be busy and Don't function well when I am. Good Post! Enjoying your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, Nicole! :) I really appreciate it...even though I ramble...I love writing. :) x, Hillary

      Delete