Jan 25, 2013

What have you learned today?

via tumblr
Learning... a broad topic. We learn something new every day. Let's start with today. 

Today I learned that my 5 year old can not tolerate me looking at her while she does cartwheels at gymnastics class... who knew?!? I learned very quickly when she screamed in front of all of the other parents (whose children were happy go lucky today and made my little diva really stand out as "that" kid..) that I should "read on your phone book (aka Kindle) and DO NOT WATCH ME MOMMMM!" Lesson learned. 

I have also learned so many serious lessons through my life experiences as we all have, and I believe I have learned who I am because of some not so fun challenges... which does make me believe that everything happens for a reason & that there is a plan for all of us. I feel that we have a lot of learning to do before the puzzle pieces of our lives are all in the correct spots. 

I am taking time to think about all that I have learned throughout the different time periods in my life...and how lucky I am that I am healthy & happy and able to continue to learn the lessons that are making me grow stronger as a person.  I had a "aha" moment as Oprah would put it, and I realized how strong (most of the time) and just different I am today than I once was. 

We all go through different struggles and obstacles in life, but we are all the same in that when we step back- a lesson was learned. We were changed in some way by what we endured in life. We learn compassion from going through the rough times. We learn how pure happiness feels when we are going through a "cloud 9" time in life. I am making it a priority to start journaling again and to write down something I learn each day. Something that makes me think about my life and the lives of others. I want to continue to learn from others because we are all on our own journey & never know what we can learn from hearing about another persons walk through life... I wonder what tomorrow will teach me?  I know it will be something that will continue to keep my eyes open and my feet moving forward! On that note....

Right now...I learned that it is again 4 min past midnight and my NY resolution is to control my late night insomnia...so goodnight all! 
Hillary

No comments:

Post a Comment