Feb 6, 2013

The Unknown

I don't like the feeling of the unknown. I am a planner- I need to know what is coming next. Life is in a holding pattern right now and I am not diggin it. Sometimes it is hard to know in your heart that everything happens for a reason... but not yet know what that reason is. We are all in this holding pattern at times and I have been here before...but right now just was not the time I envisioned being stuck in this funk. Sooo, what can I do to feel better?

 Here are the top 5 things I do when I am in this unsettling place on this roller coaster we call LIFE.

1. Read uplifting and/or funny books- Chelsea Handler can typically help a girl out and Emily Giffin is amazing and writes such realistic books :)

2. Exercise. It is the LAST thing I want to do, but the post workout endorphin's are amazing for my mood.

3. Daydream.... ya know, thinking about fun times in life..always makes me realize things could be worse. 

4. Call a friend and VENT! This one I have trouble doing when I am in this place of the unknown, I tend to withdrawal from socializing in general. I have to work on picking up the phone and spilling my guts. It is the trust issues... Calling Dr. Phil! 

5. A good solid cry in my pillow! Crying can be good for the soul, ya know!

That's all I have today.... anyone have any "get out of a lingering life funk" tips? I would love to hear them! Help a girl out. 

x,
Hillary

No comments:

Post a Comment